The plan for this effort is to support families most in need in the provinces of Haiti.
We will follow the steps below:
1. Participants to this effort will collect goods from friends and family together with their own contributions;
2. Donations of clothing have to be sorted out by the donors, in different bags for men, women, girls, boys and infants. To facilitate identification it is better to use clear plastic bags inside of which labels can be visible. The labels are to read in 3 languages:
Femmes – Fanm – Women
Hommes – Gason – Men
Filletes – Ti fi – Girls
Petit garcons – Ti gason – Boys
Bebes – Ti bebe - Babies
3. Drop off points are to be identified in
4. Days to drop off and location will be announced to allow timely action;
5. Compilation day (day where all goods received can be assembled for packaging) will be announced taking into account availability of participants;
6. Shipping Companies will be identified at the start after reviewing their prices and conditions and based on their track record (documented/verified). Their performance will be reviewed periodically by a committee to ensure reliability.
7. Identify pool of people who would want to pay for transport as their contribution and how much they are willing to contribute so that the total cost can be covered; Contributors for this expense will be informed in time for them to be prepared to incur this expense. If they so wish, they can commit to contribute the same amount for each shipment. They can then send the contribution when the bill or Purchase Order is posted on line.
8. Shipment times and contents will be posted on line.
9. Focal Points are identified throughout the
10. Shipping Companies are to provide a tracking system to help monitor whereabouts of shipments in transit;
11. Focal points are to inform us when shipments are received;
12. Focal points are to give the name, address and number of people in family to whom goods are distributed. If possible they should also send some pictures for the site.